Best Strategy to "analyze" a Mock Test of JEE MAINS & ADVANCED

 Hello friends!! As I have already uploaded 30+ mock tests in this blog, now I feel I should also share the best strategy to analyse them. So, In this post, I am sharing the strategy which I had adopted in JEE preparation & which helped me to achieve AIR 278 in JEE ADVANCED 2020 :




First of all, set a timer & start stopwatch before starting a mock test. Be honest & punctual and strictly follow the timing --- after completion of 3 hours, stop solving questions. Write your answers in a separate paper/notebook .

Then , match your answers with answer key & calculate total score obtained & also total score in each subjects.

Take a paper/notebook & write :
  1. Unattempted Questions --- ......
  2. Partial correct --- .....
  3. Incorrect ---   ....
Then, one by one , go to each question & try to find out the reason why it is incorrect or why u were unable to solve it. Also, try to solve them once again . Then , u can see the solutions. Then, write : 
  1. Silly Mistakes  ---  x marks lost
  2. Conceptual mistakes --- y marks lost
  3. Lack of time  ---- z marks lost
  4. Unable to understand properly --- w marks lost
  5. Topic not yet prepared ----- v marks lost
  6. OOS (out of syllabus) ---- u marks lost
& so on .....

Then, make strategy to eliminate them. Revise those topics in which u feel that some revision is required. In case of silly mistakes, mark them specially on that paper/notebook. Before starting another mock test on some other day, look on this paper & remember mistakes which u have done in past & try not to repeat them ...

If u follow this strategy , I am sure that your performance will increase exponentially. But have patience! It will not increase suddenly . Adopt this strategy for atleast 10 days & then u will see urself what I have said!!

If u like this strategy & get benefit from it , please tell me in comments. If u want more mock tests, tips & suggestions, challenging problems, etc , tell me in comments...

Hope it will help u !!

All the best !!

Thanx for reading till now!!




Comments

  1. Really helpful...one more doubt since my syllabus is not yet complete so should I solve mock tests now or do them later ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. First finish ur syllabus as soon as possible & then give mock tests...
    But u can give a mock test weekly now as it will ensure that u are also revising ur previous topics....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhaiya what books we should when syllabus is completed for revision ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divide the whole syllabus into few topics like for physics, we can divide into :
      1. Mechanics(upto RBD)
      2. Fluid & Modern Phy
      3. SHM & WAVES
      4. Electricity & Magnetism
      5. Optics
      6. Heat & thermodynamics
      Then , solve good questions of each topics & give mock tests..& analyse them properly..

      Delete
    2. Check earlier posts of this blog & u will find 100-200 questions of topics 1,4&6.
      Remaining I will upload soon..

      Delete
  4. From now I have got roughly 3 to 4 months for advanced..I am confused what should I do.. first I will do questions from my books or I will start solving all those materials that u have given..plz tell me how to manage and what to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, make a list of topics which u want to cover in a week. Then, for each topic, first revise ur notes ,then solve some standard ques of ur books(which u hv done earlier), then solve few new good questions(like those i hv uploaded).
      Follow this sequence for each topic & u can cover all the topics in approx 2 months.

      Delete
  5. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page.I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post.all the details you provide us,it was very useful .
    2 years Test series for NEET & AIIMS,Test series for NEET,Test series for AIIMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are u thanking me or promoting some other website???

      Delete
  6. bhaiya, im a dropper and i had a disturbing inter and first 2 months of drop year due to my health. im lack of concept with many topics. i need to go through the chapeters for many topics before solving even basic probs.
    im enrolled in an online platform but they r fast as we r droppers. i know few gud youtube channels that i refer for contect clarity but now with online classes and again reffering sam topic on youtube is killing time. what do i do.. how do i give adequate amount of time for questions.. what do u suggest me to do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Res*na*c* AITS papers for JEE MAINS & ADVANCED with solutions(in pdf)-(2)

Latest Kota Coachings Mock Tests and other resources!

COMPLETE FINAL STRATEGY FOR JEE ADVANCED 2021 ( MUST for all )